We all like things that smell nice. For instance, when we pass by someone and go mmmmm? “What fragrance is that” or walking into a friends home and it smells lovely, like fresh flowers, baked apple pie, or an exotic fragrance you can’t quite put your finger on, but it’s wonderful!
I have some great ideas that I recently tried using Fragrance oils in my home to make my clothes and home smell delicious. I tried using only Home fragrance oils to see how they would work and got some great results. BTW, they are more versatile than essential oils and there is a huge variety out there to suit everybody’s taste (or sense of smell).
I’ve been using a couple of the Claire Burke oils, most recently the Apple Jack and Peel Fragrance Oil. Apple Jack and Peel is the perfect fall fragrance and if you love the smell of Apple Pie or Baked Apples with cinnamon, you will love the smell of Apple Jack and Peel in your home. It’s calorie free too!
Growing up in Canada I remember walking outside and breathing in the crisp cold air and all the winter fragrances that go with it. Believe it or not, I used to jog in the freezing cold weather, and the scent of fresh fir and pine trees was amazing. I’ll be using the Fresh Royal Fir fragrance in my home next month to get me in the winter mood. It’s a favorite Holiday fragrance in our office as well!
Now, here are a few ways I use the oils in my home, and you can too, so that your home can smell delicious, or lightly fragrance your clothes or maybe, ‘take you away’ to a serene place or happy memory, or just mask your pet odor. (Original fragrance is used by pet owners around the country!)
Home Fragrance Oil Tips & Tricks
1. Create your own air freshener by putting a few drops of oil into a spray bottle and add water.
2. Spray the mist a few times to fragrance the room.
3. Put a drop or two on a cotton ball and rub on a light bulb. (not incandescent or halogen)
4. Add a few drops to the wax in a wax warmer unit to enhance the fragrance output.
5. Add a few drops to stationery or envelopes to share your love of fragrance.
6. Add 3-5 drops to a cotton square and make your own dryer sheet.
7. Freshen your drawers with a cotton ball or cotton cloth moistened with your favorite fragrance
8. Gather some Pinecones and put them in a bag with several drops of Christmas memories or Fresh Royal Fir Home Fragrance Oil and shake it up. Put them in a bowl where you can smell them every time you walk by.
9. Add several drops of oil to the water in a plug-in diffuser. It’s an easy way to fill your rooms with fragrance.